Thursday, November 15, 2012

Facebook chat which of course leads to growing up

I don't chat on Facebook much but I did notice a few months back that they added a feature where you can see if people have read your message and at what exact time. Which of course means that everyone else also sees when I have read their message. I am not sure how I feel about this feature as communication in electronic form is not my strongest. It is harder to read tone, body language and keep peoples attention. I most enjoy face to face conversation and even will join in with other peoples conversations in public if I feel comfortable. Next is phone conversations although I tend to have to talk on the phone a lot a work so I have not done this as much as I used to. Also phone calls with family can last a long time which is awesome, but also makes my ear sore. I like Twitter because I can just say what's on my mind without any expectation of any type of response. I do not text on the phone much and as a result don't get a response back when I am expecting an answer. Of course I also don't always ask the right questions. It is an interesting time we live in...
I remember growing up and it did not matter to me I literally could find fun wherever I was. In fact I would have so much fun that I would not want to leave. I grew up in a Court (Ct) where all houses were connected and looked the same. It had a long road leading up to it with a speed bump so it was somewhat isolated but the awesome part was just about every house all had kids in them. We lived there from third grade to 11th grade when I turned 18 and moved to SoCal. So, we saw a lot of kids come and go with a few core houses that were there the whole time we were there. As kids we would all play in our front yards, driveways, the court and the middle round grassy area that also had one awesome tree to climb and one tree that mostly just got in the way and did not do much. Later a third tree was added but that is another story. We had so much fun and that was only the front area. There was a community pool that a bunch of courts all shared that was directly behind the middle house, 2 "play areas" with swings and slides close by and the Santa Rosa creek a stone's throw away! So when my mom and dad would want to go to there friend's house who had kids around my age I would not want to go because I was having too much fun right were I was but of course once I was there I would not want to leave and had even hide before because we were having even more fun and getting into trouble that never stuck :)

Growing up I don't feel I chose my friends I just sort of floated along and hung out with who ever was close by that did not suck.

Now as an adult I go out of my way to spend time with an awesome group of friends that I found through the awesome webseries "The Guild".

No comments:

Post a Comment